PS4 rumoured jailbreak?

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Is it legit?

• hell yeah!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • you wish

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TotalModzHD

Active Poster
May 16, 2014
OK I know what you're thinking "OH THIS IS BULLSHIT OMGERD TOTAL I R8 -8/8 M8" and yes you are probably right, but just read before posting anything please :)
Also I take no credit for this, all credits go to Arthanis at wololo.net
Finally, if you are interested you can look at their facebook page here
Peace out guys :D

As a brazilian myself and as a guest blogger here, I feel I have the responsibility to share what I know, think and feel. First of all, a full translation (with some grammatical, semantical, punctuation and verbal corrections) of what this company is claiming:
ps4_jailbreak_news.jpg

“Good afternoon friends, customers and partners. Here we are to humbly ask everybody to please stop asking about our training on our PS4 games installation system, since we are the pioneers here in Brazil to develop and deploy this solution in a 100% working state, without any help from here inside Brazil nor worldwide. We are proud about the huge demand and about how many people have been trying to reach us about our solution. Thanks for all the trust placed on our work.

Sadly we will only share our knowledge with 12 trusted business partners and retailers spread over the country.
About our fees to insert the game on your console, we will be posting the prices next week so everybody can check them out. About our solution, we are only waiting for 3 more retailers to confirm, so we can launch our product. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been left out, but it’s the only way we can preserve our hard work, since everything that gets too much attention sometimes are bad in the long term for the community.

That being said, thanks for all the love and recognition for this awesome work, that was made for you friends, players, customers and videogame-addicted fellows, kkkk (a brbrhuehue informal laugh).”

Please keep in mind that I tried my best to correct everything that I could from the original, that was kinda messy.

Right from the start, let me say that a REALLY don’t believe in the legitimacy of their claims (at least not that they are the authors), but probably not for the same reasons as most. There are a couple of reasons why I think that this is just a publicity stunt.

First of all, as I already mentioned, the text is written in a very poor portuguese (my fellow brazilian readers will mostly agree). People here in Brazil who would have the knowledge and resources to back such claims up, wouldn’t write this way. It was clearly written by a semi-illiterate amateur. Some parts barely make sense, like how can they be “proud about the demand”? Really? People here with the resources and knowledge to do what they claim would have written and elaborated much better. Also, any serious company would not only post a demonstration video, but would also have used a proper website, not a Facebook page.

It’s worth mentioning that people with the skill needed to do such things are very well paid around here doing corporate jobs and it’s unlikely that such people would want to have their name associated with piracy (not hacking) in that form.

Another point is that this “business model” is unheard of: to outsource piracy to retailers and openly advertise it. Although piracy is still rampant around here, it’s kind of a gray market . Even people who sell piracy won’t openly advertise that as piracy, they sell it as “brindes” (loosely translated as bonuses). Here in their annoucement they are claiming to do way more than enabling people to pirate themselves, they are charging people to pirate for them, which is a direct violation of pretty much any EULA, unlike modchips and softmods. Sony is officially here in Brazil, so I doubt that they could sell their “product” without a lawsuit or two on their backs. It’s very funny how trying to stop people to pirate their piracy is exactly what would put them in legal trouble.

Now a little more personal note. As I read in a previous article, many people on comments discredited the said “solution” simply because they showed a (stock) raspiberry image and because “Brazil wouldn’t have the resources to make such a thing”.

Although they used a stock image from google (a fact which I bet few people who criticized knew), the raspberry picture alone doesn’t necessarily mean its a hoax, and here is why: Just now, we got an exploit triggered by a multiplayer game, where a PSVITA connect to a previously hacked device. Although it seriously doubt it will ever be done (and that it’s worth the trouble, since there will probably be an update to block such exploit), the hacked “server” device could be replaced by any device running a software that use emulate the packets sent by the server (considering they are not encrypted) by sniffing the packets and reverse-engineering the packets sent back.

Obviously it would easier (and cheaper) to make such daemon to run on a windows/linux/mac, so everybody could download and use it. But remember that we are talking by a company who is trying to make money, so it would make perfect sense for them to use a raspberry (or even an arduino, if possible) to make an appliance just to run the exploit. It wouldn’t be the first known hardware to exist only to enforce some kind of DRM (as many ps3 dongles). So, the same principle could be applied to the PS4, where it connects to a server through some service already available on the console (like Netflix, a cheap game or whatever) and trigger an exploit. Hacking is about thinking out of the box, so people shouldn’t be so avid to dismiss something just because it’s different.

Here is my opinion on this:
They seem to have been posting legitimate stuff about the PS3 and the Xbox 360 scene, so the PS4 jailbreak that they have been talking about may well be true. Of course, your guess is as good as mine right now, and they may be using this information to attract customers to their business, who knows. Only time can tell
icon_razz.gif

UPDATE: More info has been posted on this, maybe it is real all along? But before any of you get excited, it only lets you play pirated games, no homebrew or modding. Before you lose hope, this will help with progress of a full jailbreak dramatically. Anyway, here is the update:

The said jailbreak seems to be a private hack from a user named SONIC_FPS from this forum that has been going on for a while. This user seems to speak Portuguese from Portugal (not from Brazil). I will translate the relevant parts of the thread:

SONIC_FPS (12 jan 2015):

“Dear friends, before anything else I want to say that I will not answer PMs asking how to do it and etc. This method I’m using is mine and completely private. But I am looking for some other way to share this method, which doesn’t mean I will post it on the internet or something like that. I will just share this method with two of my friends here that respected me and have always believed on my work.

Here is the list of available games for now:

• 1001 Spikes
    • Air Conflicts: Vietnam Ultimate Edition
    • Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed
    • Alien: Isolation
    • Angry Birds Star Wars
    • Anomaly 2
    • Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
    • Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
    • Awesomenauts Assemble!
    • Basement Crawl
    • Battlefield 4
    • Blacklight: Retribution
    • Blue Estate
    • Bound by Flame
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Call of Duty: Ghosts
    • CastleStorm: Definitive Edition
    • Cel Damage HD
    • Chariot
    • Child of Light
    • Contrast
    • Costume Quest 2
    • CounterSpy
    • Crimsonland
    • Daylight
    • DC Universe Online
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Destiny
    • DG2: Defense Grid 2
    • Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
    • Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition
    • Doki-Doki Universe
    • Don’t Starve: Console Edition
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Driveclub
    • Dust: An Elysian Tail
    • Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
    • EA Sports UFC
    • Entwined
    • Escape Plan
    • Far Cry 4
    • Fez
    • FIFA 14
    • FIFA 15
    • Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
    • Flockers
    • flOw
    • flower
    • Fluster Cluck
    • Futuridium EP Deluxe
    • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
    • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Director’s Cut
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
    • Hohokum
    • How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
    • In Space We Brawl
    • inFamous: First Light
    • inFamous: Second Son
    • Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ultimate Edition
    • Just Dance 2014
    • Just Dance 2015
    • KickBeat: Special Edition
    • Killzone: Shadow Fall
    • King Oddball
    • Knack
    • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
    • LittleBigPlanet 3
    • Loadout
    • Lords of the Fallen
    • Madden NFL 15
    • Madden NFL 25
    • Mercenary Kings
    • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    • Metro
    • Minecraft
    • Minutes
    • MLB 14: The Show
    • MotoGP 14
    • MouseCraft
    • NBA 2K14
    • NBA 2K15
    • Need for Speed: Rivals
    • Never Alone
    • NHL 15
    • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee – New ‘n’ Tasty
    • Outlast
    • Peggle 2
    • Pix the Cat
    • PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
    • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
    • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
    • Rayman Legends
    • Resogun
    • Sniper Elite III
    • Sound Shapes
This Saturday I will share the method with the aforementioned users and will sell to only one brazilian user for R$ 5000 (approximately U$ 1700) [SOLD]"

On a subsequent post he added:

”Dear friends, I wish I could detail and share the bug and method with you all, but then it would get corrected and then nobody will be able to enjoy it.”

Obviously we can only speculate, but it seems that one of the Brazilian users from the forum got to negotiate with SONIC_FPS and bought the said method.

About the Facebook page from Medic Games were removed and they replaced with the following:
“Friends, for security reasons we decided to not bring the subject up anymore. In the following days….”

About SONIC_FPS, from what I found about him, it seems that he does know his trade, as he seems to have developed (or at least posted) about other hacking tools and tips. Even if he (or she) has the said method, it could be an impostor, or a scheme. Only time will tell.

Whether Medic Games will go through with this or not, we will have our answers by next week, and we will have a very unusual scenario, where the “vanguard” of console modding will be shifted to an underdeveloped latin american country.

But my problem with this is that they are trying not only charging people for piracy, but to create a retailer chain to create a monopoly around it, and that is not just ethically wrong, since it is being exclusively for backups; it holds modding progress as a whole, limiting functionality and learning potentials. What are your thoughts? Do you want to believe?

Last edited:

Need2Know

Jun 13, 2015
its never going to happen the keys are too protected, just like the newer ps3's that cant be jailbroken

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ya well the guy in the video said after the twitter post normaly it wont take long befor a release so lets hope a month or maybe 2
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i already said it is for the 11.00 so no no online
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    still no online xploit and if this will release it already taking this long for a 11.00 xploit what is the latest ps4 firmware 11.50 or so
  • @ lurch6661:
    yup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    mayb if xploit can run dex kernal it will allow us to go online but like i said i know to little about it so i have no idea
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol but even then i havent seen anything about ids on ps4 so if you get banned its pretty mutch over for that ps4
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    the world has turned and left me here
  • @ lurch6661:
    good song
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    xd
  • @ lurch6661:
    unlocked a trophy in battlefield
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    nice
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    what rank you on there
  • @ lurch6661:
    i think 9
  • @ lurch6661:
    ya no loose in poker then i play battlefield ha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok haha yea im on mw3
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    last match 20 and this match 39 kills
  • @ lurch6661:
    dam good job
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now i got over 40 this was a good match for sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Laraycoot is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!