PS5 2019-2020 is coming with games 4K running at 60fps .

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Nuk Dua

Nov 27, 2018
Albania
ps5-800x450.jpg

PlayStation fans hoping to see a surprise launch for Sony's new PS5 console in 2019 are likely going to be disappointed.

That's the view of several analysts who have recently been speaking with Gamingbolt.

First to dash hopes of a 2019 release was idc analyst Lewis Ward, who when asked if it could happen, replied:

"No, I don’t. Why would Sony skip E3 and then launch a new console shortly afterward that with little buildup? It ain’t gonna happen"

Ward then suggested that the way things are shaping up, it will be E3 2020 when we actually see these new systems revealed.

"If the plan is to give this assumed hardware refresh two years of runway before next-gen systems arrive, then 2020’s E3 is when Sony and Microsoft will be unveiling their new systems."

Fellow industry analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities Analyst also seems to agree.

"We know about Death Stranding and Days Gone and all the games that haven’t yet come out – Death Stranding I don’t think even has a date yet – but there aren’t going to be any more current generation exclusives from Sony," continued Pachter.

"So that’s why they’re not going to have a presence at E3 [2019]. That tells you that they’re saving up the remaining first party titles to support their next generation launch.

"Sony probably saw how successful the Switch was with Zelda: Breath of the Wild as a launch title, followed by Mario Odyssey just six months later.

"And I think Sony recognizes that if they really put their super popular AAA titles on their next-gen console, it’ll sell well right out of the gate. My guess is, yes, 2020."

So annoyingly it seems like we're going to have a long old wait before we even get a look at those new consoles, let alone get our hands on them.

Well, long enough that you can start saving now to pay for that new console at launch.

However, when these consoles do finally arrive, they should be packing a pretty big punch on the graphics front.

In another recent Gamingbolt interview with Marc-André Jutras, described as a veteran of Activision and Ubisoft, it was suggested that the next generation of PlayStation and Xbox consoles could potentially offer 4K, and 60fps gameplay.

Although the only drawback, is that Jutras suggested it might not necessarily be at the same time.

“Not sure about the 4K part, that’s probably the biggest hardware leap that we’ve had in the last generation. Because suddenly instead of rendering 2 million pixels, you’re rendering 8 million,” Jutras said

“And now we have 8K monitors and none of the hardware can actually play at that resolution properly, it’s just too much to render.

"PlayStation 4 Pro is supposed to be made for 4K in theory, but then you have games run at 1080p and 60fps on a normal PS4, but they won’t run at 60fps in 4K on PS4 Pro.

“So it would be really awesome if the PS5 was able to get to 60fps with 4K, but I have questions about that. I’m not sure how much we will be able to do that. And like I said, there are some developers who don’t care about 60fps, like big AAA developers pretty much don’t care to hit 60fps. I don’t think they will do 60fps.”

The only up side according to Jutras is that we sould see every next-generation game running at 1080p and 60fps at the very least.

“One nice thing is the next big AAA game that comes out that runs at 30fps on 4K, it will run at 60fps on 1080p, which is pretty awesome, especially for people who don’t have 4K.

"For them, the next generation is pretty much 60fps on all games.”

Last edited:

QM|T_JinX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Retired Staff
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Oct 10, 2016
good
ps5-800x450.jpg

PlayStation fans hoping to see a surprise launch for Sony's new PS5 console in 2019 are likely going to be disappointed.

That's the view of several analysts who have recently been speaking with Gamingbolt.

First to dash hopes of a 2019 release was idc analyst Lewis Ward, who when asked if it could happen, replied:

"No, I don’t. Why would Sony skip E3 and then launch a new console shortly afterward that with little buildup? It ain’t gonna happen"

Ward then suggested that the way things are shaping up, it will be E3 2020 when we actually see these new systems revealed.

"If the plan is to give this assumed hardware refresh two years of runway before next-gen systems arrive, then 2020’s E3 is when Sony and Microsoft will be unveiling their new systems."

Fellow industry analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities Analyst also seems to agree.

"We know about Death Stranding and Days Gone and all the games that haven’t yet come out – Death Stranding I don’t think even has a date yet – but there aren’t going to be any more current generation exclusives from Sony," continued Pachter.

"So that’s why they’re not going to have a presence at E3 [2019]. That tells you that they’re saving up the remaining first party titles to support their next generation launch.

"Sony probably saw how successful the Switch was with Zelda: Breath of the Wild as a launch title, followed by Mario Odyssey just six months later.

"And I think Sony recognizes that if they really put their super popular AAA titles on their next-gen console, it’ll sell well right out of the gate. My guess is, yes, 2020."

So annoyingly it seems like we're going to have a long old wait before we even get a look at those new consoles, let alone get our hands on them.

Well, long enough that you can start saving now to pay for that new console at launch.

However, when these consoles do finally arrive, they should be packing a pretty big punch on the graphics front.

In another recent Gamingbolt interview with Marc-André Jutras, described as a veteran of Activision and Ubisoft, it was suggested that the next generation of PlayStation and Xbox consoles could potentially offer 4K, and 60fps gameplay.

Although the only drawback, is that Jutras suggested it might not necessarily be at the same time.

“Not sure about the 4K part, that’s probably the biggest hardware leap that we’ve had in the last generation. Because suddenly instead of rendering 2 million pixels, you’re rendering 8 million,” Jutras said

“And now we have 8K monitors and none of the hardware can actually play at that resolution properly, it’s just too much to render.

"PlayStation 4 Pro is supposed to be made for 4K in theory, but then you have games run at 1080p and 60fps on a normal PS4, but they won’t run at 60fps in 4K on PS4 Pro.

“So it would be really awesome if the PS5 was able to get to 60fps with 4K, but I have questions about that. I’m not sure how much we will be able to do that. And like I said, there are some developers who don’t care about 60fps, like big AAA developers pretty much don’t care to hit 60fps. I don’t think they will do 60fps.”

The only up side according to Jutras is that we sould see every next-generation game running at 1080p and 60fps at the very least.

“One nice thing is the next big AAA game that comes out that runs at 30fps on 4K, it will run at 60fps on 1080p, which is pretty awesome, especially for people who don’t have 4K.

good post bro i like it

Reactions: Nuk Dua

lxlKingzOFAllModzlxl

Community Veteran
Retired Staff
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 1, 2016
inside your mind
ps5-800x450.jpg

Good job m8 aka nuk ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: QM|T_JinX has posted a new reply in the thread "gta5 give cars to friends glitch".