questions about case mods

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

kaitlin

Sep 13, 2020
i recently replaced the thermal paste on my CECHH01 fat PS3 and she still runs to hot for my liking. for context i had to set the fan speed in webman to 50% just to keep temps from hitting 70-80c after 10 mins of idling
so what im wanting to do is mod my case for better airflow. now before i follow through with the case mod does anyone know what the airflow is like on the PHAT? i know on the slim the fan sits above the mobo and blows air over the psu and other components

please dont tell me this mod is pointless anything lower than 55% on the fan speed and temps hit almost close to 80c even if i set the target temp to 60c or even 70c the fan is way to loud below is a pic of the mod i wanna do granted i will add a dust filter to it

this is my first case mod and im a tad nervous also i have a slim so thats the only reason im willing to do this mod since this isnt my only ps3 im not worried if i boark the case

if it matters a delid is not an option as i dont have the tools or skills and there are no places in town that can do the delid either

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    the best thing to do is message younis for things like that we super mod cant do that
  • @ danielpadilla1999:
    Alright. Could you let him know to do it, please?
  • @ danielpadilla1999:
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok i will send younis message in your name not sure if he will do things like that just letting you know
  • @ danielpadilla1999:
    Thank you very much mate
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    np
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    can i ask you why you want the account deleted or rest ? you can just not log in anymore and be done with it right ?
  • Chat Bot:
    Lindows has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    HalfDeafGuy is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    XKuro_Buuny589 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    webvedha is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap zap ill smoke to that
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    1+ hour the new reveal trailer assassins creed shadows
  • @ lurch6661:
    cool
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    lechon201 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    KTLOG is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ KTLOG:
    yo ***** @Memo
  • @ KTLOG:
    remember me
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.