Reset Glitch Hack Guide using TX Coolrunner

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

hector

Nov 13, 2013
Maryland, United States
Guide for installing the Reset Glitch Hack using a Team Xecuter Coolrunner

This is a start-to-finish guide on installing the Reset Glitch Hack with a TX Coolrunner resulting in a hacked dash on your Xbox 360 or to retrieve a lost DVD key. Consoles with this can't connect to Live anymore. (Banning will occur before profile sign-in finishes, so it's foolish to try.)

It features Team Xecuter products because that's what I use. It can also be applied to non-TX products. It includes links to many other guides and tutorials for specific steps. Not every bit of external info applies to one step or it may apply to more. Use only what's applicable for that specific step. This guide covers both RGH1 and RGH2. If possible, use RGH1 on PHATs as glitch times are quicker. (SLIMs have always used RGH2.) It'scompatible with Windows XP, 7, and 8.

It doesn't show proper soldering/flux/iron tools or techniques or indicate file/folder locations for downloaded files/programs. If that's too confusing, don't attempt this hack.

A few things to know before getting started:

• RGH1 is for all PHATs on dash 14699 or lower, it's not useful for anything other than DVD key retieval on Xenon
  • RGH2 is for all PHATs on a dash higher than 14699, except Xenon, and all SLIMs on any dash
  • It can be installed on theconsole's current dash - no need to update

Determine your motherboard type

PHAT
Zephyr, Falcon, and Jasper have HDMI ports.

SLIM
Trinity uses 10.83A, and Corona uses 9.86A (printed above the A/V ports.)

DASH VERSIONS ABOVE 14699 BLOCK RGH1 ON ALL PHAT CONSOLES! DO NOT UPDATE PHATS ABOVE 14699 IF YOU WANT FASTER GLITCH TIMES.

Hardware required:

• TX Nand-X shown HERE or J-RProgrammer shown HERE(read/write Nand flash chip & program CR)
  • TX Coolrunner 3 Pro, 3 Lite, or Rev C shown HERE (TX's RGH Board, includes wires for PHAT/SLIM install)
  • TX QSB's shown herePHAT,SLIM or direct-solder Nand-X cable shown HERE, (RGH Edition includes QSB's, all editons include wires; for DVD key retrieval, wires are recommend for easier removal)
  • TX Nand-X to Coolrunner JTAG cable shown HERE (included in RGH Edition, J-R Programmer includes it's own, JTAG cable isn't required for CR3 Pro)
  • Corona requires CR 3 Pro, 3 Lite shown HERE, or DGX/RGX ORCR rev C and TX CORONA QSB Upgrade shown HERE
  • Corona 4GB (v2,v4) requires an SD RW Kit shown HERE to read/write Nand instead of Nand-X
  • Corona v3,v4 (and some Corona v2) requires a POSTFIX adapter required shownHERE because they are missing POST_OUT
  • NOTE: A Nand-X or J-R Programmer isn't required to read/write a Corona 4GB Nand. So to program the Coolrunner and still save money, a TX Xilinx LPT JTAG Cable shown HEREcan be used instead. An LPT port on your PC, a CK3 to supply power to the CR, and additional software are required.
  • There are value bundles available that include some of the items above.

There have been many changes to RGH since I first wrote this guide. It's stillthe most comprehensive one around. Only the Coolrunner and install has changed a bit - not the steps involved. Before starting this hack, ensure you have the proper hardware for your console including all necessary wires, connectors, and/or QSBs.
Coolrunner compatibility:

• PHAT: All CR rev A,B,C; CR3 Lite
    • Trinity: All CR's; CR3's and RGX recommended
    • Corona: CR3's and RGX required

CR3 refers to both Lite and Pro versions unless noted. RGX refers to DGX boards (double glitch Xbox) converted to RGX (regular glitch Xbox) - DGX is now obsolete. Trinity and Corona v1,v2 can take advantage of the CR3 Pro Rater feature to get "instant" glitches at least 50% of the time.

Software required:

J-Runner core pack HERE, (requires .NET version 4, doesn't support LPT connections), download J-Runner dash packs HERE if the daily download limit is reached

Optional software:
360 Flash Dump Tool HERE
AutoGG HERE (similar to J-Runner; supports LPT connections)
Nandpro v3.0a HERE

All cable connecters are keyed, meaning they only plug in one way. Any connecters that feel forced, are being plugged in the wrong way.

Before dumping/flashing or turning things on, use a multimeter to test all solder points for continuity and ensure no bridging occurs between adjacent points. This prevents frustration later on. If your soldering skills aren't decent, watch this excellent soldering educational video HERE.

1. Installing the QSB's or Nand-X cable (and drivers)

Dissassamble the console completely (heat sink removal is optional unless installing a POSTFIX Adapter.) There are plenty of guides/videos around.

Nand-X QSB Install
The Nand-X RGH Edition includes all QSB's for PHAT and SLIM Trinity, Corona not included.
QSB installation guides: PHAT, SLIM(QSB may be slightly different than pictured)

Nand-X Wire Install
The Nand-X Standalone Version includes a wire harness. The RGH Edition and original Nand-X V3 Complete Kit include a pin header cable which can be cut and stripped for soldering directly to the motherboard. (It's difficult for a beginner to installthe pin header so don't bother.)

Here are the Nand-X wire solder points. J2C3 on a Corona is turned 90 degrees clockwise.

For further help, refer to the Nand-X installation guide HERE or diagrams included in J-Runner.

Install Nand-X/J-R Programmer Windows Driver
Download driver HERE. The same driver works for both devices. Driver install guide HERE. Driver folder name will be different. If for any reason the driver install fails, follow the instructions for removing old driver files and retry the install.

Windows 8 Users
Install the generic libUSB drivers. Instructions and drivers HERE. These should work for the J-R Programmer as well since the official drivers are based on these. Driver signing enforcement doesn't need to be disabled and they provide the same performance.

Corona 4GB
Corona 4GB Nand RW Kit install -pretty straight forward.

*A Nand-X or J-R Programmer isn't needed to read/write 4GB Nands.

2. Reading (dumping) the Nand image, and checking the CB version

DO NOT UPDATE THE DASH BEFORE DUMPING THE NAND. ANY DASH VERSION OF FREEBOOT CAN BE FLASHED LATER.

Reading and saving the Nand
Connect the Nand-X (or J-R Programmer) to the Xbox 360motherboard (it should still beconnected after installing the Nand-X drivers.) Plug in the power cable but do not power on the motherboard or the Nand-X can be damaged.

Start J-Runner and update it if needed. I always make 4 Nand dumps so change the 2 to a 4 and click 'Read Nand'. It should automatically detect the motherboard type and start dumpingthe Nand as many times as indicated. (Make a note of the motherboard type for later.)

It takes just over 2 minutes to dump a 16MB Nand with a Nand-X. The Nand dumps are auto-saved in the \J-Runner\output\ folder as nanddump1.bin, nanddump2.bin, etc. J-Runner will auto-compare the first 2 dumps, so manually load and compare dumps 2 to 3, 3 to 4, etc to verify they all match.

Disconnect the Xbox 360 power cable.

Checking the CB version (only applies to PHAT consoles)

Check the number in the 2BL [CB] field. The CB needs to be one of the following to use RGH1.

Zephyr: 4578, 4579
Falcon and Opus: 5771
Jasper: 6750, 6751

If the CB is not listed above, RGH2 must be used. There currently isn't any specific info on which Xenon CBs are glitchable, so assume it is. Dash 14717 and above must use RGH2 wiring regardless of CB.

Corona 4GB
Console power must be connected before plugging the SD Adapter into a card reader. Read/write problems are most likely card reader incompatibility (assuming your soldering is solid.) Solution: better card reader. The menu for Corona 4GB reading/writing is under 'Advanced' in J-Runner. Make sure the correct drive is highlighted before reading.

3. Programming and installing the TX Coolrunner
DON'T ATTEMPT TO PROGRAM A CR3 PRO - THEY'RE ALREADY PRE-PROGRAMMED!

(Doesn't apply to CR3 Lite and RGX)

Program the TX Coolrunner
Disconnect the Nand-X from the Xbox 360 and connect it to the Coolrunner using the Coolrunner JTAG cable. Make sure the PHAT/SLIM switch is set to the proper console type and the NOR/PROG switch is on PROG.

The Coolrunner side of the cable should be connected with the metal contacts facing down as seen in the following picture. The red (PWR) and green (DBG) LEDs on the Coolrunner should be lit up.

Use J-Runner to program the Coolrunner by clicking 'Flash Coolrunner'. (Choose the correct motherboard type if needed.)

After it's programmed, the green light will go out. From now on, if the Coolrunner needs re-programming, the green LED will only light up when files are being written to it.

*During Coolrunner re-programming, always ensure the Xbox 360 power cable is disconnected or it will damage the Nand-X.

Instructions for DGX to RGX conversion programming are includedHERE.

Install the Coolrunner to the Xbox 360

• CR rev C PHAT wired install HERE
    • CR rev C SLIM wiredinstall HERE
    • CR3 Lite: use CR rev C diagrams, jumper settingsHERE
    • RGX wired install HERE
    • QSB install for all the above: use wired guide and match the following points from CR to QSB:
      • Red to 3.3v - all installs on all consoles
      • Orange to B - all installs on PHAT and Trinity
      • Green to E, Brown to F - all RGH2installs
    • CR3 Pro wired and QSB install HERE
    • Corona 4GB CR3 Liteinstall HERE
    • Xenon Coolrunner installHERE

For PHAT consoles, except Falcon, it's recommended to swap the blue CPU_RST wire with a 9" - 12" inch Hi-Grade Low-Loss 50 ohm double shielded coax cable. For examples of how to install it, see the thread HERE. CR rev C include this cable. This may or may not improve glitch times - every console is different. It may also improve SLIM glitch times.

4. Building and flashing the .ecc file (Xell Reloaded) and obtaining the CPU key

Build the .ecc file (no longer needed for RGH since .ecc files are included in J-Runner - it's grayed out anyway)
Create the ecc file by clicking 'Create ECC'. The .ecc file is saved as 'image_00000000.ecc' in the \J-Runner\output\ folder.

Flash the .ecc file
Connect the Nand-X to the motherboard and then the Xbox 360power cable. Click 'Flash ECC'. (Choose the correct motherboard type if needed.)

Corona 4GBJ-Runner should bring up the Corona 4GB sub-menu and write the .ecc file. If not, manually do it.

Boot Xell
Disconnect the power cable and Nand-X from the motherboard. Wait 30 seconds and connect the power, A/V or HDMI cable, and optionally a LAN cable to your network. Turn the console back on. The green LED on the Coolrunner should flash approximately once every 5 - 7 seconds until it successfully glitches. Xell Reloaded should boot and extract the CPU key.

If this is what shows up, then the first hurdle is over. If not, then re-check hardware/soldering and procedures.

Obtain the CPU key
The CPU key is derived from putting the 16 digits from fuseset 3 or 4 and the 16 digits from fuseset 5 or 6 together.

Take a picture of it, manually copy it, or better yet, copy the IP address from the bottom of the screen and input it into J-Runner, then click on 'Get CPU Key' (or click on 'Scan IP Range'). The decrypted KV info is revealed once the CPU key is entered.

J-Runner will automatically transfer all the files from \J-Runner\output\ to a new \J-Runner\<ConsoleSerial#>\ folder.

(continued)
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails
paperclip.png
Attached Files

Here i left the link for a tutorial how rgh your Xbox console.... If you think this tutorial help you out dont forget hit the like button thx...
LINK ;
http://www..net/jtag-rgh/20078-reset-glitch-hack-guide-using-tx-coolrunner.html

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Chat Bot:
    EsteEspião has posted a new reply in the thread "Console ID #8667".
  • Chat Bot:
    EMRR is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ EMRR:
    Hi
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    hii
  • @ EMRR:
    I make a IDPS Generator but i'm not sure about the IDPS ID's is working %100, how can i verify the IDPS ID's??
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    most of the times t only generates false / banned ones think you got to be very lucky to find one
  • @ EMRR:
    I developed the software and i generated 350.000 ID's today
  • @ EMRR:
    I have a PS3 but i don't want to test it on a real machine
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    why not you making it for the ps3 right what better way to test thing like that out on there
  • @ EMRR:
    How can i try it on my PS3? Because i can't spoof my firmware version and i can't login into PSN
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    why cant you log in banned /
  • @ EMRR:
    I'm not banned, it's says "Please update your firmware to login PSN"
  • @ EMRR:
    I'm using 4.89 HFW, it's jailbreaked.
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok so cex kernal
  • @ EMRR:
    Yeah it's cex
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    if you are able to go on dex you wont have that problem
  • @ EMRR:
    It's not have a easy fix, like "IDPS Checker" software?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    no cex will always say you need to update as far as i know
  • @ EMRR:
    Ok, i will look at DEX, Thanks :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok good luck bro
  • @ EMRR:
    :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure whats the latest fw update for hen but you can also try the latest fw installing then it wont ask you for update
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • @ lurch6661:
    whats up man hows it going
    @ lurch6661: whats up man hows it going