SPRX/BIN Scanner (Discontinued Rule)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
Web developer Octolus has created an online tool that will scan any SPRX/BIN for unwanted sys-calls for example, console id stealers etc. Members should also share the scan report whenever they are posting any SPRX or BIN files.

How to use:
1.)
Go here and upload: <Removed>
2.) Check the result, done.

IDPS = If you find a sprx containing this, it most likely means they are storing your Console ID. Perhaps, CID Stealing.
PSID = This is usually used to find out whether your console is unique, this can also not get you banned unlike the IDPS - (Completely Harmless).

Last edited:

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
Why scan an EBOOT?

Lets say you use the ppc operand SC to call the syscall pointer 0x366 and its return value(like the cid) you store in 0x123456

now... 0x123456 will just have the console id stored in it... but you cant upload the cid to a server or send it to your email with an eboot like you could with an RTM tool or SPRX. so isnt it sorta pointless to scan an elf??

MyHoesAreLoyal

Getting Fucked
Console ID Poster
Oct 30, 2015
Why scan an EBOOT?

Lets say you use the ppc operand SC to call the syscall pointer 0x366 and its return value(like the cid) you store in 0x123456

now... 0x123456 will just have the console id stored in it... but you cant upload the cid to a server or send it to your email with an eboot like you could with an RTM tool or SPRX. so isnt it sorta pointless to scan an elf??
I have no idea what you just said, but I like it. ;)

Reactions: Ragekillen

MyHoesAreLoyal

Getting Fucked
Console ID Poster
Oct 30, 2015
Web developer Octolus has created an online tool that will scan any SPRX/BIN for unwanted sys-calls for example, console id stealers etc. Members should also share the scan report whenever they are posting any SPRX or BIN files.

How to use:
1.)
Go here and upload: https://octolus.net/sprx/
2.) Check the result, done.

IDPS = If you find a sprx containing this, it most likely means they are storing your Console ID. Perhaps, CID Stealing.
PSID = This is usually used to find out whether your console is unique, this can also not get you banned unlike the IDPS - (Completely Harmless).
I linked a member to this thread earlier so he could scan his SPRX, however it seems the link is down it gives error: "This service has been discontinued". Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited:

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
I've emailed the developer for a response.

Reactions: Revolution

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
Reactions: Lindows

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
Nope, I've emailed again if he doesn't reply then it will be removed.
He said "If you use 4.50+ firmware and above it will not be possible to steal IDPS"
So I removed the rule.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.