The New Steam Machine

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
gspyvk6puhn4ibeozkft.jpg

According to the company Steam they have decided to create a new video game console made by them running the new steam operating system coming this November. The prices for this console can be anywhere between $500 - $1000 (estimated) depending on what type of hardware you want. There will be different manufactures and version of this console to fit the consumers preferences. Currently there are 3 main manufactures ASUS, Steam, and AlienWare each console will have its own unique design and hardware.
e5846749b725fadb2de72f0a761e1e1f.png

High end Version ($750)
  • Intel Core i7 - 4765T Quad Core
  • nVidia GeForce GTX GPU w/2GB GDDR5
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • 2x2 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller

Low end Version ($450)
  • Intel Core i3 - 4130T Dual Core
  • 4GB DDR3
  • 500GB 7200RPM HDD
  • 1x1 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller
If you want to have a feel of the new steam OS Click Here!

Last edited:

Zrathex

Business Approved
Feb 6, 2014
Norway
gspyvk6puhn4ibeozkft.jpg

According to the company Steam they have decided to create a new video game console made by them running the new steam operating system coming this November. The prices for this console can be anywhere between $500 - $1000 (estimated) depending on what type of hardware you want. There will be different manufactures and version of this console to fit the consumers preferences. Currently there are 3 main manufactures ASUS, Steam, and AlienWare each console will have its own unique design and hardware.
If you want to have a feel of the new steam OS Click Here!
e5846749b725fadb2de72f0a761e1e1f.png

High end Version ($750)
  • Intel Core i7 - 4765T Quad Core
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • 2x2 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller

Low end Version ($450)
  • Intel Core i3 - 4130T Dual Core
  • 4GB DDR3
  • 500GB 7200RPM HDD
  • 1x1 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller

@Chris
@Younis
@Lachine
@JO65
Front Page?
It doesnt look that good the steam machine, but also nice post ;)

Reactions: Younis

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Damm... So sexy
But what i was reading your still better off building your own pc because on your own pc you can have better hardware for a lower price and still run the steam os on, but it mostly for the people who what to play PC games that cant make that transition to PC

Arrogant

Simply Divine
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2014
UK
But what i was reading your still better off building your own pc because on your own pc you can have better hardware for a lower price and still run the steam os on, but it mostly for the people who what to play PC games that cant make that transition to PC
True, if you think about it if you're paying for a product off a big company like valve you're going to be paying top dollar. It's overrated and overpriced just because it looks nice. Just like apple.

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
True, if you think about it if you're paying for a product off a big company like valve you're going to be paying top dollar. It's overrated and overpriced just because it looks nice. Just like apple.
Yep, like right now my pc i spent about 1 grand and it blows all of the steam machines out of the water and i can customize how i want it

ZombieBeastHD

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
What ridiculous pricing is that? And for the power you get in it, it isn't worth it. Better of actually investing into building your own PC or getting a pre-made one for those kinds of prices. Plus i3 is pointless as it's becoming obsolete, and plus a console gamer wouldn't really pay anything higher than $400 as this is aimed at them. :trolol:

Merksterr™

Jan 3, 2015
England
What ridiculous pricing is that? And for the power you get in it, it isn't worth it. Better of actually investing into building your own PC or getting a pre-made one for those kinds of prices. Plus i3 is pointless as it's becoming obsolete, and plus a console gamer wouldn't really pay anything higher than $400 as this is aimed at them. :trolol:
Pretty much haha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    @ QM|T_JinX: :weed: