PS3 Tutorial How to play Redacted LAN with friends

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

RealCFW

Avid Poster
Determined Poster
Sep 12, 2016
uk

Hello CC,

I see a lot of threads here on these sites asking about out to play Redacted with friends that have tons on replies explaining it. Which sometimes, people leave out somethings that are needed.

I am here to explain in depth of how to play Redacted with your friends.

Let's get started!

PREREQUISITES!!

You guys will obviously need to have Black Ops 2 from Steam. You can use the nosTeam version of the game but I would highly recommend buying the game from Steam to ensure that you have no issues or errors with the game.
Plus, the game is pretty cheap on g2a.com
vfgfdu.png

Another prerequisite is the Redacted client (obviously).
You can get the client from their site at redacted.se
ebzkcf.png

The last thing you will need is a virtual IP LAN service. I personally use Tunngle but you can use what you choose. (Tunngle, Hamachi, Evolve, etc.)
You can find Tunngle here: Tunngle - Free Client Download
You can find Evolve here: Social Gaming Platform — Evolve(I did forget how to use Evolve)
You won't be needing this at the start of this process but you will need it to connect to other players.

INSTALL PROCEDURE

Now that you have all the requirements, you can now install Redacted.
When you download Redacted from the site, it should be in a '.7z' format. You can use WinRAR or 7ZIP to extract the files.
When you open the .7z file, you should see this
rzeamv.png

From here, you just drag and drop all of these files into your Black Ops II directory.
If you can't find where your game is installed, you can follow this folder address
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II'

Once that is installed, you are gonna want to change your ingame name to what you'd like. To do that, open the 'Redacted.ini' file with any text editor of your choice and change you name here.
nawsnu.png

CONNECTING AND PLAYING
You are now at the stage to open Redacted and play; but you won't be able to play with friends just yet. If you downloaded Tunngle when offered earlier, go ahead and start that up and make an account.

After making an account, you will have to install some things to make sure that the service runs correctly. Tunngle will have those for you to install.

You will have to click Yes on some prompts that come up but that is all natural.

You know you have everything correct when you see this
vntxks.png

Now, all you have to do is search "Call of Duty" in the search bar and connect to the "Call of Duty: Black Ops II Multiplayer [1]" server. Also, have your friends connect to the same one or else they can't connect to you.
lxempm.png

PLAYING
Everything is now set.
When you are ingame, you can press 'F' to see the friends list and see all the online people who are in the server you connected to on Tunngle.
npnddd.png

Now just select their name and invite them to a game and everything should work fine.
Enjoy!

Posted by RealCFW.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    i mean theres gotta be a way to popularize
  • @ lurch6661:
    this site
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    think there will be more online is when the jb on ps4 starts running
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not everybody have a ps5 and ps4 need low fw ps4 on lowfw is hard to find
  • @ lurch6661:
    yea that is very true
  • @ lurch6661:
    iam sure if my name was illuminated we could get more followers for cc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i forget how much it is
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    extiflyy is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ lurch6661:
    my minds playing tricks on me
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    viejo loco is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    jaywill32 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    iShatOnU__ has left the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Pizzasheit has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    oARSN is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    AbuDzar is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot: