UDK - Free Game Engine for PS3 and Xbox 360

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

BM|T-Jamie

Active Poster
Jun 14, 2014

1- WHAT IS UDK ULTIMATE?
This is a modified version of EPIC`s UDK (Unreal Development Kit) Game Engine which supports exporting your game for XBOX360/PS3/PC WITHOUT the need to be a Registered Game Developer for Sony (Playstation) or Microsoft (XBOX360), something that a LOT of folks always dreamed with.

2- CAN I CREATE A GAME FOR XBOX360 AND PS3?
On the first release, only exporting for Xbox360 was fully supported. You can create a game and play it on any RGH/JTAG Xbox360 console. As for PS3, thanks to EpicError and PixelButts, PS3 CFW is fully supported now (they fixed the issue with PS3 Exporting, and that`s the main reason for this new release), so the games created with UDK Ultimate now can be exported to PS3 and run on ANY CFW, no need for devkit.

3- DO I NEED A DEVKIT, OR PS3/XBOX360 SDK?
No, you don't need any console devkit. For Xbox360, you don't need nothing, not even the Xbox360 SDK!!! But for PS3, unfortunatelly, you need to have the PS3 SDK 3.0 Installed and Configured Correctly, even for just cooking the maps for PS3.

4- CAN I PLAY THESE GAMES ON ANY RETAIL CONSOLE?
No, the games created in UDK Ultimate only run on Hacked Consoles (because only these can run unsigned/unnoficial code). It runs on any XBOX360 JTAG/RGH (Slim and Slim E). You can even run the games from a USB Stick, by using a Xbox360 File Manager Utility (XEXMenu, FreeStyle Dash,...). As for PS3, it must be installed to the HD as a PKG game using a package manager utility.

5- DO I NEED TO KNOW C++ PROGRAMMING?
No, the exporting process for consoles is very easy, is ALMOST like "Menu > Export > XBOX360 / PS3". But you do need to learn how to use UDK/Unreal Engine 3 to be able to create a game using UDK Ultimate, you need to study unreal scripting, 3D Modelling, Animations, and so on. Youtube is your best friend.

6- WHAT ABOUT THE LEGALITY OF UDK ULTIMATE?
It falls under the category of Homebrew Development, which everyone knows is not Supported, nor Authorized by the Game/Softwares Companies. However, i am sure no Company will ever do something about this, untill this begins to cause them damage. And the most common type of damage is financial, which means, when you use their software illegally for making profit (money) with it. It means, NEVER SELL ANY GAME CREATED WITH UDK ULTIMATE WITHOUT EPIC/SONY/MICROSOFT LICENSE. There are a lot of people in the Homebrew Development Scene, which create and share their own games for PS3 and XBOX360, and I never heard about someone who suffered any legal consequences for creating and sharing a homebrew game (so long as it does not use any copyrighted material, like 3D models from comercial games, and the like).

ORIGINAL SOURCE:

Enjoy and have fun, hopefully there's some future homebrew game dev's around here......

All credits to respectful owners

udkultimate

Active Poster
Apr 29, 2017
Brazil
Hello brothers. I can not share UDK Ultimate Engine anymore for legal reasons. But some members of the homebrew community uploaded and with a simple google search you may find it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    @ Christo: downloading just XDEFIANT