Weird PS3 Problem

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
I've had my CFW for some time now, but I don't use it very often anymore (Mostly for selling trophies or switching avatars). So, today when I tried to sign in I got an error, then got stuck and was forced to turn my system off. I noticed the system never fully shut down, so I was forced to switch it off from the back. I thought this was weird, because it seemed as if my system was staggered (Blinking green light, never fully shutting down). After I powered the system back on I noticed that the loading icon on my homebrew apps weren't loading, then nothing else would appear aswell. Again, forcing me to power my system down and AGAIN with the flashing green light. I just restored the file system. I'm not too sure what's going on here. Anyone else experience this problem and maybe know what's happening? I'm on 4.75.2 D-REX. If I were to take a guess, I would assume it's something to do with a faulty HDD. But if it's something else, or maybe theories you guys have, I'd like to know.

Edit: Even after rebuilding the database and restoring the file system, this problem still occurs. I guess I should also note that when I believe it started to mess up was when I was in the middle of changing an avatar. The avatars stopped loading and I sorta froze, but it wasn't a hard freeze. The PS3 clock just kept spinning and I was forced to shut the system down because I couldn't move.

Last edited:

G4NYX

Jul 25, 2017
United Kingdom
hi this could either be somthing to do whith your hdd are the system your running on also you might wana try getting console manager for your pc and ps3 then turn on your ps3 then go onto consoll manager and detail then click soft reboot

dryder

May 21, 2017
I had that happen to me before but i Just restored my file system cause it only restore my files not update. So i carry on and then it was fixed and good to go. I am also on 4.75 D-REX to

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
Edit to bump the thread.

So, I just purchased a new HDD on amazon. Although, when I mess around with the PS3, it sometimes starts and it sometimes doesn't start. By this I mean when I turn the PS3 on I get an idle green light and the HDD light flashes once. (This can sometimes happen when the HDD is in and when it's out) As far as I can tell this doesn't appear to be anything else other than the HDD, although, I thought the PS3 should boot if there's an HDD in or not. But when it does work, the display/audio are working fine. Nothing is splotchy or pixelated. I don't have to turn the PS3 off from the back switch when this happens, but I do have to hold the button down for some time. Anyone who is very experienced with PS3s care to weigh in? I really hope this is just an HDD issue and not something more serious.

As I am typing this right now, twice the display never came up, and I turned it off twice. (Both times the HDD light flashed once) Now, as I turned it on again it works fine an the HDD light flashed the normal amount to get the PS3 to boot up. Controllers work fine aswell, USB ports are fine too. This was when the HDD was in aswell. When the HDD is out the system will even display my coldboot/xmb waves. But it doesn't display the xmb, and after a few seconds it states that it couldn't find an external device, etc.

@UnboundGodz Do you know what may be happening or any theories perhaps?

This guy also appears to be having the exact same problem:
ec03f48e9229b10ee139b039d1ee3b27.png

Last edited:

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
To anyone that may read this later down the line, the issue was resolved by reinstalling my CFW. So if you're ever experiencing any of the problems I had above try reinstalling your CFW. This seems to be rare although, so don't expect it to happen. But if it does, it happens very randomly. The first signs/symptoms of it will be that your xmb won't load the icons and you may only see waves.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    actuallly is cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    last one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    haha
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    bigsood is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    ★ℳ℮ℳO_o̶ has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Lindows has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    NanoJhol is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    MohamedElmelegy is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Jogabonita36 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Jogabonita36 has left the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Emirhann36 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    kamyin is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    boisfgh is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Pescarolo Judd is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Lindows has joined the room.
    Chat Bot: Lindows has joined the room.