YOU ARE JOKING!!!

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Javid

Nov 19, 2013
I spent all day working on my business website ' driving lessons Nottingham ' saw a working cid on here,
put my ps3 on, loaded gta, BANG!!
So I turned of the ps3, hit the power button and their it was... YLOD F U

I need a repair guide, I have seen some but they are all temp fixes, I need a permanent fix, can u guys help out,

if u don't know me I have posted many cids here for u guys so time u helped me out??

P4rtyM4fia

Active Poster
Nov 15, 2013
No bro i had a ylod on gta 5 when i used iris manager ,, it fixed automatically when i used multiman ,, are u using iris manager ??

░♚SONY'S♚NIGHTMARE♚░

Former Staff
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Oct 12, 2013
Texas
I spent all day working on my business website ' driving lessons Nottingham ' saw a working cid on here,
put my ps3 on, loaded gta, BANG!!
So I turned of the ps3, hit the power button and their it was... YLOD F U

I need a repair guide, I have seen some but they are all temp fixes, I need a permanent fix, can u guys help out,

if u don't know me I have posted many cids here for u guys so time u helped me out??
You got yellow light of dead

Nov 3, 2013
lol people saying they got ylod and their ps3 runs fine, ylod means the thermal paste between the cpu and gpu is gone meaning that your playstation will not function as a saftey feature from overheating.
TO FIX:
1. dissassemlbe ps3
2. take a credit card and spread the existing thermal paste OR (recommended) buy more paste and apply the new paste and spread around
3. reassemble
4.PROFIT

Javid

Nov 19, 2013
done it, put paste on all working now. thanks for your reply guys, appreciate it!

sharkey86

Active Poster
Nov 25, 2013
uy some cheep thermal paste and flux take the ps3 carefully apart take out the main board remove any thermal paste then clean the board get a heat gun usaly paint stripper one and cook the board slowly start buy heating the hole board keep flat on a serface or mount to someting metal wonce the board is warm leave it a few seconds to get settled but still quite warm then start to run heat gun circular motion over the main processor chips slowly count to 15 20 seconds each main chip get the flux ready alow the board to settle 30 seconds then use the flux on the main chips squirt little bit at a time under the chips then use something to carefully lift the with both hands as the board is very hot move the flux all aroung beneeth the chips try and get around best u can then continue to cook chips ull here poping thats fine its the temp you want if u dont it is not hot enuff do each chip 10 12 seconds slowly then once you feel board is about right leave to cool right down aply thermal paste put back together than it should work great leave a 8 hr constant stress testif its fine after that then great worked if not then repeat hole process :) hope this help this is proper way and cheepest

Reactions: Javid

sharkey86

Active Poster
Nov 25, 2013
lol people saying they got ylod and their ps3 runs fine, ylod means the thermal paste between the cpu and gpu is gone meaning that your playstation will not function as a saftey feature from overheating.
TO FIX:
1. dissassemlbe ps3
2. take a credit card and spread the existing thermal paste OR (recommended) buy more paste and apply the new paste and spread around
3. reassemble
4.PROFIT
this wont fix YLOD

sharkey86

Active Poster
Nov 25, 2013
also invest in slim ps3 never ylod and downgrade to 3.55 with e3 flasher

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
Also once you fixed the YLOD, make sure you fan mod it :)

Reactions: ziesack and JO65

maajid

Dec 13, 2013
Love how even in this moment of despair he managed to crowbar in a plug for his website :D

Javid

Nov 19, 2013
Love how even in this moment of despair he managed to crowbar in a plug for his website :D
why not, its for people just to see n get myself a lil hits nothing wrong with that, AND YESI HAVE MANAGED TO REPAIR IT so thank you all who replied

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    actuallly is cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    last one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    haha
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    bigsood is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    ★ℳ℮ℳO_o̶ has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Lindows has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    NanoJhol is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    MohamedElmelegy is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Jogabonita36 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Jogabonita36 has left the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Emirhann36 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    kamyin is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    boisfgh is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Pescarolo Judd is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Lindows has joined the room.
    Chat Bot: Lindows has joined the room.