How to format a hdd

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

AMG_Soldier

Mar 4, 2015
i want to know how you can format a ps3 hdd on a ps3 and if there is no way how do u do it on a laptop

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
i want to know how you can format a ps3 hdd on a ps3 and if there is no way how do u do it on a laptop
Rebuild PS3 System, this will format and basically make the PS3 like new. System Firmware isnt messed with in this.

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
it's 2 ways format on laptop = u need get pendrive with ur CFW version cuz after that ps3 will call to install that version what u have ... 2 way its recovery menu and format but rebuild ps3system will delete ur's hombrew too soo i think u need install again webman plugins psn patch multiman irismanager or other shits.... ;] and i am not sure about psn content i think u can lost users ... but best way it's format on pc and first save psn acc login and pass ;p u can backup all saves by toolkit = even that saves what cannot be copied ... and remove blue ray when u clean using laptop ;] cuz it's risk to get instaled ofw ;] - u get back all losted space on hdd ... i lost 20-40 gb ... on errors ... also u can try fix bad sectors on pc ;] cya

AMG_Soldier

Mar 4, 2015
the hdd im trying to format comes from an ofw ps3 that i dont mind if i lose my data so can u tell me in that perspective please

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
soo u need format on laptop if u change hdd from ofw console to cfw console ofcourse.... if it's just 1 console on ofw u can due the same rly... if u have problems with bad sectors or hdd dies slowly ... u can fix bad sectors.. ;] but u need get pendrive with ur acctualy ofw or cfw cuz ps3 call u to install it after that... but some consoles dont need it cuz they have saved soft on flash.. some of them not ;p but i am too low on this rly... ;] i can search on me forum dont wana ask me friends ;] give me harder ask bro ;D have external/interall hdd ? ;] or pendrive ? :p just say what u wana due just be still on ofw ?

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
if u rly lost much space on hdd and u get much crushes like u see games stop work without reason u lost space in hdd cuz hdd are broken (i have that problem) i prefere to check sectors ;] bro

AMG_Soldier

Mar 4, 2015
I dont have that problem and my hdd was working fine but i would never turn off my system the correct way i would always pull plug from ps3 thats y it happened i just formatted the hdd and im downgrading to 3.55 hopefully it dsnt freeze at 98% like it usually does

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
heh ? how u wana downgrade to 3.55 ? u have ofw .. ? u have tennesy or e3 flasher ? (e3 flasher can brick ur ps3)... u now if u have ofw more than 3.55 u need send console to special service ? what ofw u have now ? after format u need still put the same ofw ;] down to 3.55 on cfw it's possible only with rogero 9.99 down~ and from there u can down to 3.55 and also 1 other way but ii am just to low i can ask friends

AMG_Soldier

Mar 4, 2015
basically my jailbroken ps3 says file or system is corrupted it says press x and it completes and reboots and same thing thing comes up again and i cnt access homebrew so i thought if i use my ofw hdd then maybe i can downgrade but any fw i put freezes at 98%

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
aaa now u say u put ofw hdd to cfw console ! no bro u need format hdd on pc and put pendrive with ur cfw cuz it's saved on flash inside ps3 ... just put the same cfw version in other way u need to get unbox ur ps3 and use tennesy :D but it's easy just change hdd for formated ;] fat32

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
say me what cfw u have before change hdd... bro u use jailbrake !? why not CFW it's old shit... :/ if u have more than 3.55 soft number u can't down without special items like tennesy or e3 flasher (i dont say about more pro shits..) ;p but if u have lower than instal ofw 3.55 and u can go witn any cfw u wana ... also ur hdd are broken soo it's not difrence if u fix him or use new... still u need put the soft was u have instaled ... i dont know about jailbrake it's sooo old man. say what system ps3 wana to install if lower than 3.55 download ofw and instal it ... if higher u need check ur console id .. not all slims are able to down to 3.55 ;] fat's almost all

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
sorry bro now i read from more advanced users and sombody have ask with jailbrake 4.25 how to change to cfw ... it's only send to profesional ... u cant instal cfw :X i see say me ur JAILBRAKE OFW WERSION .... and ur console name "its nembers in power i can say u if it's possible to down ;p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    but i will download the game
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    did you look into getting a new mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now not yet got one my self but i do got one lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!