How to format a hdd

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
omg u say u have jailbrake man... soo cfw or jailbrake.... -.^ ? u now it's difrence jailbrake it's ofw first was runing games copy .. but based on ofw i think.. not sure i dont use it so u have cfw... with habib ? easy u instal the same soft ... ;] just put on pendrive and remember get blue ray out of console it's some chance if ur ps3 use disc and instal ofw ;] but only if its 4.70 on blue ray ... dont think if u have some game with it .. ur ps3 will call for 4.70 cfw ;] instal habbib or darknet or rebug cex.. u can what u want but for 100% dont get brick install the same habibb u was have before .. version 1.01 or 1.00 ? with cobra or not ? and the same version cuz habib put 7.10 in 2 version i ques :p

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
aaa soo u put hdd from that jail broken... to console with cfw ... why u dont say all at first it's difrance ... just put that hd formated in pc to cfw console get the same soft habbibi version with the same cobra best... or u can instal another cfw 4.70 i am not sure bettter dont risk brick... :p cuz some cfw shits can be in flash memory... and put that hdd to jailbrake ps3 after format on laptop it will install ofw the same nember easly... :D why u use jailbrake bro ? it's
(A) Firmwares from 3.56 upwards are un-jailbreakable at the moment, perhaps it will remain that way, or perhaps we will see a break through in the future, only time will tell. BUT some ppls have 4.22 with jail :p still easy instal the same cfw and fix 2 ps3 :p but who use JAil today :D ? i see darknet autor hes use cobra ode , cfw , ofw , and e3 shits on 1 console... :D black magic for me ... ;] but why not..

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
ofcourse check md5 tooo.. if u got brick use tennesy e3 flasher is shity and can broke ps3 ;]

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
realy i am low if uwana profesional answer write all corectly .... i put it on me forum tommorow i get pro answers.. i never use jailshit just cfw ;] when i have ps3 jailbrake was just start but not reselled ... some ppls got it to test from korea :D i am just normal cfw user ... ;] soo i dont know how to use tennesy ... when u brick ps3 bro.. or change past on ihs without destroy ps3 ;]

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
why u need jailbrake on 1 ps3 ? and what wersion .. wana play online ? without ban or soo :p ? i dont know about jail 4.70 but we dont use it from 4-5 years :D after 3.55 comes

AMG_Soldier

Mar 4, 2015
Dude ur getting it all wrong. Ok im on 4.70 habib cobra 1.00 and for someone reason on my cfw ps3 when i turn it on it says file or system is corrupted and you cant press O u have to do it so i did it and it finishes and reboots but then again it shows same thing so i keep doing it and same thing show up. So i asked somebody and they told me that i have a messed up hdd so i need a new hdd. So i got the new hdd from my ofw ps3. I have 2 ps3 one is cfw the other is ofw. So i got the hdd from ofw and put it in cfw and i go to recovery because i csnt access the xmb menu so i press update and downgrade to 4.70 Habib which is the same fw i had before this whole issue happened and it freezes at 98% and then i tried 3.55 and samething. Any fw i try freezes at 98%

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
normal hdd broken sectors error - can be fixed on pc or changed bro u cant downgrade u need format hdd ! cuz there ofw from other ps3 ... u got brick or error... after put habibi 4.70 1.00 cobra on pendrive with formated hdd (anyway urs old dont must be broken... can will fix after format ) u due the same... ;] good if u dont get brick bro.. format that ofw hdd.. ur ofw console will want the same soft when u put other hdd.. :X cant instal lower only higher... from ofw ... on cfw first u need rogero 9.99 dow~ but u cannot instal it now... :p i think u need go with urs cfw now and next u can down to 3.55 easy ... with rogero 9.99 or put flags qte or some shit like that... :p

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
or meaby ur console it's nad ? or nor ? but its not difrence i dont try recovery menu never... but i read if easy to change ... no maters ofw or cfw just need allways format from computer cuz ps3 dont get format when u put another hdd with ofw or cfw in the same number 4.70... only from cfw 4.66 u can go to 4.70 ofw but after changing hdd i am not sure :p if without flashing u dont get down :p

AMG_Soldier

Mar 4, 2015
Ok so i have to format from laptop or buy a new hdd and then downgrade with 3.55 rogero downgrader ans then otheros file and then 4.70 habib 1.00 right

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
u use recovery menu ? and u need get correctly the same cfw 4.70 on pendrive .... u now ? pud hdd off from console run recovery menu (service menu hold 10-15 seccounds power buton 1 bbeep it's video reset , next 5 sec u go to recovery...) and get update soft and read what version ur console want.s but for sure they ask for 4.70.. ;] i never try just read some .... or u have other problem i see 1 post than ps3 cant format any hddd .. but its 5% chance... i read the problem answers by profesionals .. hes said never mind what hdd u put ps3 always try to check system files ... u can try put old hdd and click restore system settings .. u got lucky if they fix ps3 and u got cfw back... answers by ppls who work with down~ at profesional :p also some ppls i read now have problem with usb rly 2 guy's from me forum cant install cfw using 4 other pendrives :D 1 solved by burn cfw on dvd .... lol much cheap pendrives dont work correctly and ps3 cant fformat hdd some soft have bugs with usb too..

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
ehhh... yes but if u due all right u still can have problem it's difrent with soft's bugs and items like pendrives or so ..
u change hdd but first format on pc to fat32 if u can... next put ur habibi 1.00 7.10 cobra u say ? right on pendrive formated for fat32 with correct directories X:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP get ur blueray out from ps3 ... only 1 port will detect ur software ;p its normal try right or left .. i dont remember... put ps3 on but hold powerbutton 15 secounds after 5 sec u get hear beep hold more 10 seconds u hear 2 beeps and u on recovery menu = service menu ... there 2 solves.. 1 i read 1 man got problem with orignal hdd get repair broken files and restart alltimes after got 100 hes use restore database but u will got lucky if it fix problem.... so try just klick instal software ;] read if ur ps3 see it on pendrive .... if not change usb slot if it dont help it's usb problem or pendrive... :p solution 2 ppls got burn on dvd .... rly it's lame but habbibi 4.56 have bugs like that... but i am not sure how model u have that with instaled soft inside on flash or that what will need to reinstal when u change hdd ... cuz some of models dont need they wana just format hdd :p

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
rly say me about ur ps3 models corectly u got names where u got power cable.... it's cechb1~~~~~ it's ps3 model... it's almost all the same 2.5 sata hdd but i hear about difrence about some rmps speed ... and wee see if u put hdd to nor or nad ps3 :p but u can try ur self ... u say u put new hd and they dont call u to install software again ? ... but try recovery...

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
can help but can be waste too... u said u put working hdd right ? formated and they dont ask u "put media with system version 4.70 ? " they just format auto and stuck on 97% ? soo try otherway try put recovery menu if that dont work remove hdd .... and try again .. u can fix that by restore database option there.... but in old hdd i quest... :p or if it's that 2 type ps3 (most of them i think need to reinstal cfw on new hdd) :p u need still install that soft...

AMG_Soldier

Mar 4, 2015
Dude im sorry i dont understand your english can you try type the words fully and use better english

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
nice now i can ask friends ;] or put post hehe but here is 4.25 am soo need wait to ansfer i check info anyway... but friends say some time ago cech 3001a cant be down to 3.55 i think :]
did u due what i say at first ?! RUN RECOVERY MENU BRO ..... ?

m0rGi

Apr 9, 2015
okey u now how run factory menu of ps3 ? or recovery menu... it's menu hidden to fixing broken ps3... if u got brick and u can run it u can fix ur ps3... even down from there ! -.- hold power button when u on ps3.... 10-15 sec after 5 u hear 1 beep sound hold more 10 seconds before u hear another 2beeps... and u on recovery menu ... now be corectly with work u can brick ps3... or easy fix ;]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    did you look into getting a new mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now not yet got one my self but i do got one lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
    Chat Bot: QM|T_JinX has joined the room.